Friday, February 17, 2012

New haircut

I decided that after the year I have had so far (many ups and downs) that I needed a change. And what better way to change then to chop your hair off? It seems to be what girls do. When you can't control your life and the things happening around you, you do something to your hair. I apparently was no different.

But I really wanted a change. I was tired of people telling me I shouldn't cut my hair, or what my hair was too awesome to cut. I wanted to do it, so I was going to do it. With much encouragement from Kylee (she was more excited then I was, and was cheering me on the whole way haha) I chopped 10 inches off to donate to Locks of Loves (which was my plan the whole time when I started to grow it out). I'd say another two inches or so came off in the end.

I feel like a different person, almost. More confident that I don't have to hide behind my hair anymore. It was almost like a security blanket and I love that it's gone! So far no one has had a bad thing to say about it (at least to my face haha) even the guys that were like don't do it! You're stupid if you do! They even love it.

I took a big risk and I am getting big rewards for it. I know, I know, it's just hair, but still. I feel like I've lost some of my past and I love it. It takes me about half the time to get ready, and I'll save so much in shampoo costs! It's awesome!

But anyway, here is a picture!



I love it and I think I actually look more my age now! haha

1 comment:

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

it looks so good! i love your new do!