Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Shawn Horcoff

This is a whiny post, FYI.

One of the reasons i think it took me so long to move to Utah was because of hockey. I know, it's crazy, but it sucks out here without hockey! And it sucks even more when I find out I'm missing stuff.

For those of you who don't know next to Jiri Fischer, Shawn Horcoff is my favorite player. I have been a fan of his for years. He plays for Edmonton but went to Michigan State and his wife is from Michigan so he lives in Bloomfield Hills/Birmingham in the summer. He is friends with Chelios and Cleary so he trains out at Troy Sports Arena too.

Well, he is supposed to be doing a charity event Weds in East Lansing. Where you get to skate with the players and then get their autographs after AND OF COURSE I'M MISSING IT! Why couldn't it be like two weeks later when I'm there? It's only $10 and a lot of players I like will be there and of course I'm missing it!

I have his autograph. Two, actually. One a friend in Edmonton got for me and another was from when me and Jonathan (Tom's grandson) went up to State for a charity game he was playing in and I got his rookie card autographed and this picture. The guy let me go on the bench and take pictures and stupid me was too shy to actually go up and ask Horcoff for a picture together! So really, the only thing missing from my collection is a picture WITH him and maybe a personalized autograph (I have that of Chelios already!).



The only thing missing from my collection is a personal Fischer autograph (I have one we bought, but it's not the same as getting it in person ahah). But I doubt I will ever get that. One since he doesn't play anymore and two since his charity events are back in Michigan too!

I guess I'm just supposed to miss out on everything! Maybe I'll make a trip to Edmonton for a game this year! haha It's only like a 12 hour drive!